Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving


 Thanksgiving is almost here... one of my favorite holidays.  Our Thanksgiving holidays are spent each year with my in-laws, out at the family "farm" in Alabama.  It's a large southern gathering where the family all contributes towards the meal and there's a lot of hugs, laughter, and everything that comes with family spending time together. 


This year I'm making cranberry sauce (this recipe is my favorite), sweet potato casserole and maybe a chocolate pie.  Since my family moved here, they also spend Thanksgiving holiday with us and my in-laws and this year our special friends we have visiting will be joining us all too.  I'm so thankful we can all be together on such a special day. 

Anyway, obviously I won't be setting a Thanksgiving table this year, but I think that if I was, it might look something like this (smile).  This fall I've loved all these neutral tones and warm textures.


 I dug out my craft box to stamp a simple tag to hang on a pinecone (spray painted lightly with gold glitter).  It's been a while since I've done a simple little craft and it was fun, even if it did take less than five minutes.  The girls had even more fun making their own "name tags" too! 


 (This is my little craft caddy that I keep tucked away in a cabinet... Justus has been known to use the bakers twine as string for outdoor projects!) 


This week we've been reading every Thanksgiving book we have... anticipating the upcoming holiday and the new memories made. 

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  What are your plans for the holiday? 


20 comments:

  1. So happy your mom & dad can join you in Alabama!! For the first time ever, one of my sons is hosting. I just have to make a couple of pies. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Andrea! We will be gathering at my parents house with extended family, and I always take a sweet potato casserole :) I love your table setting and your very useful craft caddy. Best wishes to you and your family and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deni. I haven't made a sweet potato casserole in a few years now and I'm looking forward to trying a new recipe! :-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your Thanksgiving! It is nice when you can get together with loved ones and make memories to enjoy years later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have both families and out of state friends for Thanksgiving. Having a very dear old friend over for Turkey Day. Have a wonderful time. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, what a blessing it is to read that some family's still cherish time together... Enjoy this glorious holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a very blessed time together this Thanksgiving Andrea. Your holiday sounds wonderful and I LOVE those dishes and pine cone name cards!! I am so thankful that we have met through blogging :).

    Warmly,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! What lovely photos :) I must know what Thanksgiving books you like! I have lots about pilgrims and the First Thanksgiving, but would love other ideas as well... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Andrea. I too would love to know about your Thanksgiving books {and Christmas for that matter}.
    You seem to appreciate Classic children's stories like I do.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squeeze!! Love this post... and craft... and book...and place setting. And you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends. Your dishes look lovely. Tell Dori I said hi. Hee hee
    Lisa
    Leeshideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're spending Thanksgiving with our in-laws in upstate New York. It's a snowy sweet holiday we'll have before moving from Michigan to Rock Hill, South Carolina. We're literally between houses. But I have much to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing! Sitting down to read your blog is one of my favorite activities! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wishing your a wonderful thanksgiving, andrea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter has been asking to read that very same book everyday! She loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you were set in spirit and home for the holiday at hand. We had thanksgiving at my in laws in MO. But I too had to set a thanksgivingish table at home just for the fun of it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign